Friday, January 11, 2008

Thinking

Well, ok, try again. I just had a nice long well-thought out post and its gone now! Bah. Not a good start :( So, here goes, again!

I really wish I would have started writing last year about this time. So much has happend in the past year. I got married last august, my son was born in March, Kevin got in a motorcycle accident in June, and then his step-dad in a motorcycle accident in October (insane, I know). Our lives have changed so much, and I have basicly no record of it. It really makes me quite sad when I think about it. But, oh well. I suppose we all have regrets...

Kevin is basicly back to "normal" now, which is absolutely amazing. I was so worried for so long that I would never have him back... and he is now, mostly. His brain's still not quite where it was pre-accident, but its getting better, getting closer every day. And, at least he realizes it now, somewhat. Which, wasn't true just a couple months ago. Whether he's actually getting better or just hiding it well (which implies that he IS in fact better, I suppose?), I'm not entirely sure. But, either way at least it seems like I can talk to him and hold a decent conversation.

Physically hes probably 90% back. He actually went and ran today for the first time He ran about 1.5 miles in just over 11 minutes! Which is just awesome, especially since its what he'll have to run to pass the OPOT (Ohio Peace Officers Training), course in 8 months :D I really hope that it (the OPOT) goes well, and he ends up with a decent job doing something he likes. Even if we do have to move out and get our own place.

Andros is amazing. Theres no other way to say it. He's gotten so big, so fast its pretty hard to believe that 9 months have already gone by. It seems like he was just learning to roll over yesterday. And, now he's up crusing along the furniture, learning to stand unassisted, crawling around and opening cupboards and getting into just EVERYTHING!!

I'm trying to learn to cook more different things. Stir fry and pasta are good, but something different is always good, you know? So, I've been trying to make at least one or two new things every week. Its been pretty hit & miss, but lots of fun. I find that I'm making fewer and fewer things exactly as the recipe calls for them and modifying stuff more and more. Plus, now that I have deer and lamb to cook with its opened up a whole new area of cooking... I'm a huge fan of AllRecipes.com partially cause the recipes tend to be pretty good, and partially cause of the community's super helpful reviews... I have so many cook books that just sit on the shelf though, its really pretty sad.... probably should ebay them (along with a bunch of other stuff).

I'm also thinking about going back to school, possibly for something with computers. Both my Dad and Kevin keep telling me I should, so maybe I will. I just have to figure out how I'm going to do it with Andros. Online classes would be nice, but some part of me doesn't know how I'd really do with just online classes.

Anyhow, thats been our year in a nutshell.

No comments: